Academics Programs Practical Nursing Program
Practical Nursing Program (Brevet Pratique)
The Practical Nurse is involved in the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of nursing care. Practical Nurses care for patients and provide comprehensive/holistic care while developing and maintaining a therapeutic nurse‐patient relationship. The program provides learners with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to perform the full range of competencies identified by national standards in traditional and alternative health care settings.
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply the baseline competencies described in the national Nursing Practice Act 1655 to provide safe, competent and ethical care
- Provide quality comprehensive and personalized nursing care based on a combination of theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing, physical and social sciences
- Practice in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team to meet the needs of their patients
- Provide culturally safe, patient‐centered care that recognizes and respects the uniqueness and diversity of each individual.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills to provide nursing care and promote optimal health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities
- Value and engage in continuous learning to maintain and enhance competence.